Looks good regarding the oven rise
The recipe of today is for a mixed bread with a lot of seeds and carrots to give it some more moisture. I wanted a dark crust, fluffy bite, still firm and a lot of moist to keep it fresh for a long time. I have tried it the following way:
- 150g mixed seeds (Sunflower, Flaxssed, Pumpkinseed, Sorghum)
- 150ml water
- 8g salt
You should boil the water and set the seeds aside for at least 3 hours.
Dough with final dough yield of 165
- 200g wheat sourdough (dough yield 200!)
- 150g wheat all purpose flour (Type 550 in Germany)
- 200g rye full grain, milled before preparation
- 100g spelt full grain, milled before preparation
- 200ml water
- 150g carrots grated (I used the leftovers from the juicer)
- 6g fresh yeast
- 8g coarse sea salt
Kneading for 7 minutes on lowest level, then 11 minutes on level 2.
Let it sit for 2 hours, covered with folding and turning every 60 minutes. After the 2 hours, put it into shape and let it sit again for 45 minutes in a basket with linnen.
The oven should be well heated at around 250 degrees centigrade, baking for 10 minutes with steam. Let the steam go out of the oven and turn down the heat to around 210 degrees, bake for another 55 minutes.